he goaltender and his head coach had conflicting

Temas relacionados con el Camino de Santiago

he goaltender and his head coach had conflicting

Notapor lw789 » Mar Mar 13, 2018 3:20 am

CLEVELAND -- Justin Masterson pitched neatly into the eighth inning and the Cleveland Indians beat the White Sox 2-0 Saturday night in a game highlighted by Chicago rookie Jose Abreus snazzy glove toss. Abreu, who leads the majors in homers and RBIs, struck out with two runners on base to end the eighth. Earlier, the Cuban first baseman made the play of the day. Abreu fielded Lonnie Chisenhalls grounder in the sixth and, unable to get the ball out of his mitt, flipped the glove about 10 feet to pitcher Scott Carroll covering the bag for the out. Masterson (1-1) held the ALs highest-scoring offence in check, allowing four hits and striking out six in his seventh start of the season. The right-hander won for the first time since last Aug. 21. Cody Allen struck out Abreu in the eighth. John Axford pitched the ninth for his ninth save, sending Chicago to its fourth straight loss. Cleveland centre fielder Michael Bourn left in the fourth because of tightness in his left hamstring. He strained the same hamstring in spring training and began the season on the disabled list. Indians designated hitter Jason Giambi left the game in the sixth with a cramp in his right calf. Errors by third baseman Marcus Semien and catcher Tyler Flowers made both of Clevelands runs unearned. The Indians also made two errors. Nick Swisher had a sacrifice fly in the sixth for the Indians, who have won two in a row after breaking a six-game losing streak. Carroll (1-1) didnt allow an earned run in six innings in his second major league start. Semiens dropped popup handed the Indians a run in the second. Semien drifted under a ball near the mound hit by David Murphy with two outs, but it fell out of his glove and Chisenhall scored from third. Chisenhall started the inning with a double. Cleveland got another gift in the fifth. Flowers fielded Jose Ramirezs bunt, but threw wildly to first. Ramirez was credited with a hit and took second on the error. Mike Aviles sacrifice moved Ramirez to third and Swishers fly ball made it 2-0. Chisenhalls throwing error led to a Chicago threat in the fifth. A walk and a hit batter loaded the bases with one out, but Swisher made a diving grab of Semiens line drive and doubled Flowers off first. Masterson also pitched around shortstop Asdrubal Cabreras fielding error in the third. Alexei Ramirez, the leading hitter in the AL, was hitless in four at-bats. NOTES: The Indians placed C Yan Gomes on the paternity list. Wife Jenna gave birth to the couples first child Saturday morning. Carlos Santana started behind the plate for the sixth time this season. ... The White Sox put OF Adam Eaton on the 15-day disabled list because of a strained right hamstring. Jordan Danks started in centre field while Alejandro De Aza batted in Eatons leadoff spot. ... NOTES: Indians manager Terry Francona said RHP Josh Tomlin will be called up from Triple-A Columbus to start Tuesdays game against Minnesota. Edgar Castillo Jersey . But unfortunately for the Niagara Falls, Ont., native, a pulled muscle wouldnt allow him to go past the second set. Japan sealed its victory over Canada in the first-round Davis Cup tie after Nishikori downed an ailing Dancevic 6-2, 1-0. Omar Gonzalez Jersey . Stevenson scored the first three goals of the game in the first period for Regina (35-22-6), which has won eight of its last 10 games. Patrick DAmico added two for the Pats, Braden Christoffer had a single and Morgan Klimchuk chipped in a goal and four assists. http://www.usasoccerauthority.com/jorda ... sa-jersey/. So they rushed to re-sign the first baseman who general manager Ben Cherington described Friday as "a unique player." The World Series champions finalized a $32 million, two-year agreement Thursday with the slugging former catcher who turned into a surprisingly good defender. DeAndre Yedlin Jersey . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. Lee Nguyen Jersey . They kicked off the still-going trend of host cities winning the Grey Cup and sent Hall of Fame head coach Wally Buono to the front office a champion.Despite a tough year in which he lost his No. 1 status and was unable to prevent a late season collapse, James Reimer said he wants to put the past behind him and is looking forward to spending the next two years in a Maple Leaf uniform. “Im excited about going forward for the next two years with them,” Reimer said on TSN 1050 Monday. “Im really pumped to be here for another two years.” Relegated to back-up duty following an impressive 2012-13 season in which he led the Leafs to their first playoff berth in eight years, the 26-year-old is hopeful the relationship between him and the organization is improving. “I think last year was a tough year for everyone,” Reimer said. “Over the course of the summer and now theyve done a great job of communicating with me.” Following a solid start to the season, both Reimer and the team struggled down the stretch and dropped 12 out of their last 14 games to miss the playoffs. In the midst of the collapse, the goaltender and his head coach had conflicting statements following a tough loss to the Red Wings in which Reimer allowed three goals on 34 shots. “I thought he was okay, you know, just okay,” Carlyle said post-game, to which Reimer replied: “He said just okay? I thought I was good.” The goaltenders agent, Ray Petkau added fuel to the fire tweeting: “As is customary in Toroonto, when your team plays poor defensively game after game, you blame your goalie,” before clarifying that the tweet was not in response to Carlyles comments.dddddddddddd Despite the perceived rift, Reimer said the incident is in the past and he is ready to move forward. “I havent talked to him since the end of the year, but as far as I know, its fine,” Reimer said in reference to Carlyle. “I think that whole situation was blown out of proportion…Im looking forward to this season I dont foresee any issues whatsoever. “Maybe I should start wearing sunglasses behind the bench,” Reimer jokingly said in reference to a frustrated look he gave Carlyle after being pulled early on in a game that also generated attention. “That situation was probably blown out of proportion.” Addressing rumours that surfaced following the season that had him requesting a trade, the netminder said events over the off-season along with the hiring of Brendan Shanahan gave him confidence that the organization was heading in the right direction. “Thats not the case now, thats for sure…At the end of the year, I thought the opportunity was over, that the door was closed,” Reimer said. “But over the summer, it became clear that this is definitely the place that I want to be.” Reimer on returning, relationship with Carlyle Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Peregrino informado

Volver a Foro Peregrinos